Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Teaching your child to write their name

We have been working with "J" on writing his name. He loves to write on the dry erase board when doing it. Over the weekend I was at Target and found these dry erase board name plates, you get 4 for $1.00 great deal.

Then saw dry erase crayons at Micheal's and thought it would be better to write with them instead of the big markers. So I picked them up as well $2.99 then 40% off not to bad of a deal.

On the dry erase name plates I wrote in permanent black marker his name using dots, so he can trace it and then wipe it and do it again.

He has been writing his name for several months but on a big dry erase board and his letters are BIG when he writes. Will not fit on paper when it is time for school. So this way will help him write smaller.







Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. If you like what you see please come and follow us over on FB and Pinterest, would love to have you. Also, please feel free to share the fun things you are doing with us.

 

12 comments:

  1. That is really funny because I picked those dry erase things up at Target thinking that they would be good and by the end of the trip I was convinced that it would be the same as paper. If only I had gone the extra step to think about using a Sharpie to write their name so that they can copy over and over. The suggestions that I have seen have the first letter uppercase and the rest lowercase so that they know the difference. Do you find that it is easier to go all uppercase?? I am totally going to Target before those things are gone and getting a set :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say it is easier for them to learn writing uppercase, so that is what I have done. And J knows all his uppercase and most of his lowercase. I think it is what works best for you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea! I would never have thought to write the name in permanent marker for the child to trace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. great idea to create something that can be used over and over. thanks for linking it up to tip-toe thru tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I did this with my children. Then it grew into other words. I would write a word they would ask for down on the white board in one color and they would copy over in another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great find! Thanks for sharing at the Sunday Showcase. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are neat little writing plates! I will have to go and grab some. Thanks for sharing at Mom's Library!

    ReplyDelete
  8. http://pidgeonsf.com/
    http://chateau-allemagne-en-provence.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog has piqued a lot of real interest. I can see why since you have done such a good job of making it interesting. I appreciate your efforts very much.สล็อต 999

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have beaten yourself this time, and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts in future. Thank you for sharing great information to us.บา คา ร่า วอ เลท

    ReplyDelete