Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Volcano Egg Science

We have had fun doing different egg science with Easter around the corner, that we added our favorite volcano making to eggs.

This is very simple, all you have to do is crack the top of the egg a little and peel the shell off, then wash the inside of the egg with warm water.

Next fill the egg with some kool-aid and baking soda. Then add the vinegar and you have your egg volcano.

To hold the eggs we used our egg carton cut in half.



After you are done you can wash the eggs out and can reuse it for the kids to do it again later.







Be sure to check back cause we have one last egg experiment and you don't want to miss this one. Below are a couple other fun Easter science experiments we did.


              


Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. Be sure to come follow us on

15 comments:

  1. This looks really fun! I'm gonna pin it.
    I'm stopping by from the fb frenzy hop and decided to follow via GFC too. =0)
    I'll visit your pinterest and probably follow there as well (am I considered a stalker?).
    ~Kim
    www.2justByou.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. Lol no you are not a stalker, glad to having you following. Also, following different places means you won't miss anything. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is awesome--I love those volcanoes! I'm going to pin it and share it on my PreschoolPowolPackets Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My son adores different experiments with baking soda and vinegar! We're going to have to try this one next. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Mary Catherine of Fun-A-Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I'm featuring this on The Sunday Showcase this week. Thanks for faithfully linking up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun way to integrate science to Easter activities! Thank you for sharing it on the weekly kids co-op! I've shared it today on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow - that looks so much fun!

    Thanks for linking to The Sunday Showcase. I've pinned to our board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning and allowing me to share.

      Delete
  7. We did Volcano with our kids recently, but using eggs are great idea. We will try that next time. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. When you try it would love to hear how the lids like it. :-)

      Delete
  8. What a fun idea! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. assuming these are hard boiled eggs in order to top & de-shell them?
    and when do you add the dye/paint to get the fab coloured foam?
    thank you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing! But then how to you wash them out and reuse them if they're hard boiled??

      Delete