Monday, June 10, 2013

Literacy learning with stamping

I love to tie in learning with play with my kids. We have been working on sight words with Jake and the other day I was going through my scrapbook stuff and found some alphabet stamps.

I knew there was something we could do with them, so I kept thinking and came up with stamping words from our flash cards.

Wasn't too sure how Jake would like doing it, but I took them out and he liked it. Plus it is great for fine motor and eye hand coordination skills as well.

Materials are simple......ink pad, alphabet stamps, paper and flash cards or you can spell words. I like the flash cards cause they can do it while you are cooking or working on something else.








Below are some other fun ways we have tied learning into play. Be sure to check them out.

Counting with cupcakes


Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. Be sure to come follow us on
and

2 comments:

  1. Great idea! We did it once with letter stickers but I might have to get some stamps to try it out. I think that I am going to try the flash cards with the letter magnets and see if I can do that today. If he likes it, I better get to the store to get the stamps :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea! And I just so happened to buy an alphabet stamp set tonight at Michael's. :)

    ReplyDelete