Monday, March 12, 2012

Lava Lamp

Today we made a cool Lava Lamp. Simple and fun all at the same time.

Materials:
Plastic bottle....water bottle.
Veg. Oil
Water
Food coloring
Alka Seltzer

How to:
Pour Oil in first we used about 2 cups, then pour water we used about 1 cup.....you want more oil than water. Then food coloring, maybe 3-4 drops.....Jake went alittle color happy. Then cut or brake Alka Seltzer in to 4-5 pieces and drop in and watch the lava rise. Jake thought this was too cool.












Thanks for stopping by to see what fun stuff we are doing. If you like what you see please come and follow us over on FB and Pinterest, would love to have you. Also, please feel free to share the fun things you are doing with us.

14 comments:

  1. Does the color continuously flow? Like a regular lava lamp?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a pre-k teacher at a learning center for preschool children, and I am looking forward to trying this! I love doing science related activities with my children, and this looks like it will be a blast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Do you put all the Alka Seltzer in one bottle, all the pieces of one tablet just broken up?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Lisa the whole Alka Seltzer broken up. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So Cool! I am trying this next week with my pre-k class!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I will definitely do it with my class! I have a question, can we use more than one color?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure I don;t know why you couldn't mix colors. My little ones love doing this fun science. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I am always looking for new and cool things to do with my 2yr old since I am a stay at home mom and this looks like so much fun..I was wondering what would happen if you added glow in the dark paint or something like that to kinda make it a night lamp...just a thought..

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quick question...how long does it stay bubbling? (Lava-ing??)

    ReplyDelete
  9. how long does the colour remained the same??

    ReplyDelete
  10. does the liquid sinks... after some days?

    ReplyDelete